- What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is saved onto your computer, smartphone, tablet or other device when you visit our site.
- Cookies store small pieces of information. For example, one type of cookie will remember that you have visited our site before.
- Cookies help us to improve your visit and experience when browsing our site by, for example, storing certain information so you don’t have to re-enter it on subsequent visits.
- Cookies also assist us in tracking which pages of the website you have visited. We will not store credit card details in cookies we create.
- We use both persistent cookies (which stay with your computer and will work until their expiry date, unless detected by you beforehand) and session cookies (which expire when you close your browser).
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the operation of our site.
- Analytical/ performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise use when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookie Name Description Expiry WordPress wordpress_test_cookie,
Strictly Necessary cookies – Check if cookies are enabled to provide appropriate user experience, and to manage your login session.
These are only set if you navigate to the login area.
Session cookies, deleted when you close your web browser. wp-settings-xxxxx,
Functionality cookies –
To remember your login settings.
Persistent cookies, expire after a year. WP Engine wpe-auth Strictly Necessary cookies –
To authenticate logins, as part of our security features.
Persistent cookies, expire after a year. Google Analytics _ga
These analytical cookies assist us in monitoring your use of our site, tracking the duration of your visit to our site and where you found our site (e.g. through a search engine or AdWords advert). _ga expires on 2 years, and _gid at 24 hours. _gat
Expires after a minute. _gac-UA-xxxxxxxx-yy 90 days EU Cookie euCookie Functionality Cookie -Records the setting of the Cookie Control message. Functionality Cookie –
Some session cookies are used on this website to enable some of the social media functionality.
- Third party cookies
- The table below explains the cookies we use on our site, why they are collected and when they expire:
Cookie Name Description Expiry CloudFlare __cfuid This cookie is to help the security of a website served by the CloudFlare network. 1 Year Add to Any uvc This cookie is used by the addtoany.com software to allow sharing across social media. 1 day
- Your interaction with cookies
- It is possible to disable and remove cookies from your computer or device by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to do so. You will need to know what browser you are using and what version you have.
- You can refer to your browser’s help section or visit the aboutcookies.org/ website for further information and assistance with cookies.
- Please be aware that if you use your browser settings to block or amend certain cookies, your browsing experience may change for the worse.
- Changes to this policy
- We may update, change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time, and any changes will become effective immediately. Please visit this page periodically if you want to keep up to date.